Engineered Solutions for the Nuclear Power Industry
Custom engineered nuclear products
Specific process applications to fit your requirements
Our engineering expertise is specifically targeted to meet the unique demands of the nuclear power generation industry and provide solutions for obsolescence issues and improve process efficiency. We call it custom engineering and today we build a variety of 1E-qualified mechanical pressure, vacuum, temperature, and differential pressure detectors to meet your specifications.
Current Plant Solutions
- Management of Change (MOC): SOR provides products approved as form, fit, and function.
- On/off functions: SOR instruments are among the most reliable devices for redundant safeties, alarms, and other applications.
- Discontinued product/supplier issues: SOR has experience in custom engineering products for the nuclear power generation industry.
- Diminishing manufacturing sources: SOR can fill the gap.
New Plant Designs
- SOR has taken an application-specific approach to manufacturing for more than 30 years.
- We have experience in working with nuclear plants on the engineering and manufacture of application-specific solutions to meet unique situations.
SOR Nuclear-Qualified* Instruments
- 10CFR50, Appendix B
- ANSI N45.2
Qualified by a combination of testing and analysis
- IEEE-323-1974 & 1983
- IEEE-344-1975 & 1987
- Nuclear Procurement Issues Committee (NUPIC)
- Nuclear Industry Assessment Committee (NIAC)
- Tractebel Engineering SUEZ Certificate nr. 3696
* Compliance and qualification depends on the individual instruments.