Heavy Products Sampling Systems
The SENSOR Heavy Products Sample System (HPSS) is designed to collect samples of hot, heavy products (such as resid, asphalt, hot tar, gas oil, resins, slurries, surfactants, and emulsions) while maintaining personnel safety.
Sample Heavy Products with Minimal Downtime
The HPSS comes with 3 standard features unique to SENSOR which include a removable cartridge valve, condensate-free steam flush assembly, and twist lock purge adapter.
Removable Cartridge Valve. This allows for separating the valve’s critical components from the sample line without removing the valve body and pipe spool from the process line in the event of required maintenance. The cartridge can simply be removed from the sample valve base and repaired or replaced with a new one, greatly reducing downtime.
Condensate-Free Steam Flush Assembly. This assembly utilizes a unique 3-way valve and steam trap to ensure that condensate-free steam is consistently available for purge operations. The steam purge clears any potential blockage from the sample path without disrupting the process flowing in the sample line.
Twist Lock Purge Adapter. Without the need for tools, an operator can easily install the twist lock purge adapter onto the dispensing tube and utilize steam to completely flush out the sample pathway to the drain of the enclosure. The steam flush is directed in a controlled manner without creating a mess on the inside of the enclosure or window from splatter.
- Safe collection of hot liquid without exposure to the operator
- High Viscosity “HV” Sample Valve allows the operator to control the rate of flow into the container
- Sample Valve includes a “Cartridge Design” that allows it to be changed quickly without removing the entire Flanged Spool Assembly
- Sample Valve has increased port size over the typical BBSS valve to handle heavier products
- Steam Heated Dispense Tube ensures that any residual that remains in the dispensing tube (due to vapor lock when the sample valve is closed) remains hot and fluidized until it can be purged out
- Steam Purge after each sample collection ensures the sample valve and dispense tube are fully cleaned out after each use eliminating the chance of plugging
- Steam Supply is kept hot and condensate-free with the use of a unique 3-way Needle Valve and Steam Trap
- Twist Lock Purge Adapter ensures that all residual material that is purged out is contained and pushed down the metal flex hose to the drain of the enclosure instead of spraying out inside of the enclosure