Hydrofluoric (HF) Acid
Max Pressure - 600 psig; Max Temperature - 350ºF
The SENSOR Hydrofluoric Acid Sampling System (HFSS) allows samples to be collected safely from one of the most challenging and dangerous process media there is. Not only does HF require special materials of construction for corrosion resistance, but it is also incredibly toxic in small amounts and presents the potential for significant injury or worse. Collecting samples of HF acid requires a unique grab sampling system and professionals with a high degree of understanding of how to sample HF acid while maintaining safety in the alkylation unit.
The HFSS system is unique and custom designed for each application. It provides a safe and reliable means to collect and transport this media. These systems typically include a field unit, a lab unit, and a carrying case to safely transport the sample.
SENSOR has one of the most knowledgeable grab sampling teams assembled. Our subject matter experts have a deep understanding of not only this media, but other similarly challenging process media. With experience in designing, building, installing, and training of HF systems, we can help meet your specific requirements. Check out some of our sampling system customers.
Key Components of the HFSS System
- Obtain good representative samples
- Collect a good sample without exposure to the operator or a release to the atmosphere
- Prevent waste to minimize environmental footprint
- Safely transport the sample from the field back to the lab to obtain desired moisture and purity results
- Systems are designed so that you can not only collect a good sample but allow for proper cleaning and consistent operation