About Temperature Sensors
SOR manufactures a complete line of thermocouple elements, Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD) sensors, thermowells, sample probes, industrial assemblies, and specialty temperature sensors. SOR has the industrial experience, technical expertise, and facilities to accommodate demanding temperature sensor requirements as well as general purpose requirements.
Some specialized applications create exceptional challenges and therefore require specialized engineered solutions. Some examples of these special applications include; surface temperature measurement, multipoint temperature profiling, sample probe representative sample extraction and high temperature environments in excess of 2000ºF/1093.3ºC. SOR offers a variety of custom specialty products for these types of applications.
Quality Performance and Durability in Mind
- 100% testing of RTD’s for accuracy and continuity assurance
- High purity mineral oxide insulation and high temperature stainless steel sheaths are standard on SOR thermocouples
- In-house ability to test temperatures sensors at up to 60,000 psi and 2150ºF (1150ºC) and as low as -45ºF (-40ºC)
A Vast Standard Temperature Sensor Product and Accessories Offering
- Full array of calibrations, sizes, junction types, protection tubes, thermowells, materials, and other options for any scenario
- Field-adjustable, cut-to-length RTD’s and thermocouples
- Remote mounting options to reduce head vibrations and eliminate the need to stock multiple lengths of sensors
- A multitude of connections heads, transmitters, and displays for any application requirements; from explosion-proof to general
- Accessories that include terminal blocks, extensions, connectors, brackets, jackets, extension wires, etc.
- Assemblies that allow you to combine connector heads, sensors, and thermowells into one product.
Special Temperature Sensors for Heavy Duty Applications
- Electric trace designs for surface temperature of tanks or pipes over 3 in. (2.5 cm) in diameter
- Heavy duty pipe clamp sensors for greater stability and constant contact with the measuring surface
- Washer thermocouples, tubeskin thermocouples and RTD’s, oil seals, industrial magnet designs, and multipoint sensor assemblies